MESSAGE OF THE WEEK Ending Thursday 18 October 18
1. FALL FIELD TRAINING EXERCISE – FRIDAY 12 OCT – SUN 14 OCT
This week is our Fall Field Training Exercise; while a mandatory part of each cadets level training; we also understand that some cadets may not be able to attend for the full weekend due to other commitments. We ask that those that need to leave and return, sign in and out at the duty desk.
While we will be starting the weekend during our regularly scheduled parade night; those cadets who are unable to attend the weekend (SAT AND SUN) are still expected to attend the Friday Night mandatory parade night.
Even if you did not sign up for this event you can still attend the weekend as we planned food for the entire unit based on the sign up list.
The Warning Order is once again attached to the cover email.
Please make sure that you have rain gear…..we MAY BE sleeping outdoors all weekend as it is to be PARTLY sunny all weekend…make sure you have everything on the kit lits.
It is forecast to be wet on Friday during the day and clear up as the day moves forward. Bring extra cloths to change into! We will be monitoring the weather. If the forecast is to drop below 5’C then we will change to indoors for accomodations
A copy of the squadron dress regulations can be found under the cadets Tab of the squadron Web site: www.62phantomaircadets.ca
Dress of the Day – Cadets: Civilian Clothing or Combats
Officers – Combats
CI/CV – Civilian Clothing
NOTE: Cadets, not able to attend are to call the Sqn cell phone 289-440-2641 and leave a message as to why they will not be at cadets
RE-REGISTRATION/ENROLEMENT / TRANSFERING CADETS / NEW CADET ENROLMENTS
We will continue to enrol new cadets and transferring cadets to the squadron over the next month and adding them to our growing recruit flight. Should you know someone interested in Air Cadets who is 12 yrs old or older, consider bringing them out to a parade night.
2. FLYING SCHOLARSHIP TEST #2 – Tomorrow Friday 12 Oct 18MONDAY 01 Oct 18
As a reminder, Flying Scholarship Test #2 will be administered to all Flying Scholarship cadets once you all have arrived tomorrow night at the MRCC during the FTX. This is the only Scholarchip related activity this weekend. This Evening as detailed last Friday will be test #1 for all Flying Scholarship Candidates. .
3. Gliding Famil Flying – St Catharines Airport – Sat 20 Oct 18
WE still have a few more slots for Gliding next Weekend. The Sign up list will be out once again this Friday with gliding slot allocation announcements published on Saturday at the MRCC with a subsequent email to all cadets early next week.
WE have 40 slots total (20 in the AM and 20 in the PM sessions) Cadets may sign up for the AM session only, PM Session only or Both sessions. Warning Orders will be sent out to those cadets selected for gliding by 15 October. More to follow.
4. Range Recertification Follow up Testing – Cadets who missed the Range Recertification will be doing their evaluation and testing on the Friday Night of the FTX on Friday Oct 12th. New recruits who missed their live fire testing only will also do this training on the Friday Night of the FTX.
Unfortunately those new recruits who missed the Marksmanship Safety Course will have to wait until the next course is offered in a few weeks before you can take part in Marksmanship Activities.
5. March Break Trip Planning – We can confirm at this time that the squadron is making preparations for a submission for a March Break Trip covering Sunday March 10th to Friday March 15th 2018. We are returning to a squadron favourite in a combination trip to Ottawa, Montreal, and Quebec City Area focusing on Aviation, Fitness and Culturalism.
6. Drill with Arms Team / Sqn Guard and 24hr Vigil Practice – Each Tues til 06 Nov
We will continue with weekly Drill Team with Arms practices and Vigil practices each Tuesday night until Nov 6trh. It is the Commanding Officer’s intent to stand up the Squadron Guard by Remembrance Day to take part in the National Flag Party.
We encourage any cadet who would like to try out for the Flag Party, Guard or participate in the 24hr Vigil on 10-11 Nov to come on out and see what this is all about. Dress is civilian clothing, cadet will need their wedge and boots.
7. Positive Social Relations For Youth Training – All Level 4 cadets – Sunday 21 Oct 18 – Level 4 cadets please mark your calendar for Sunday 21 Oct from 0830-1330hrs to attend PSRY training at the MRCC as detailed by the Level 4 QSP. This is mandatory training for all level 4 cadets.
8. SR Cadet Meeting – Thurs 25 Oct 2018 1830-2100hrs
This is an advisory to all FSgts and Above about a general Sr Cadet meeting scheduled on Thursday 25 Oct at the MRCC. As discussed at the SR NCO Workshop, this is the first of the Bi-monthly meetings we are having with all Sr cadets for you to provide input. Please try your hardest to make this meeting and have your input to this years training.
We will also be discussing the SR only trip to Niagara Falls currently scheduled for Sunday 25 Nov 18.
9. REMEMBRANCE WEEK CELEBRATIONS – 27 Oct – 17 Nov 2018 – This is a warning email to all cadets……we are coordinating with the respective legions regarding participation on various events, for Remembrance Day. A special email will come out in the next two weeks regarding these activities which will contain the detailed Warning Order as to maximize cadet participation in regards to the squadron activities in support of Remembrance Day, our Legions and Community veterans.
These activities range from serving meals to the veterans at the Annual Veterans Dinner, Legion Grounds Clean-ups, Poppy Sales, and the 4 parades we support. A verbal briefing will be given to cadets next Friday 20 October regarding the Warning Order which will be published in the coming week.
10. Squadron 5th Annual TASTE N’ BUY EVENT / Silent Auction / Dance – Sat 17 Nov 18
This ADULT ONLY event was announced by the SSC two weeks ago and will be taking place at the MRCC on Sat 17 Nov 2018 from 1830 – 0100hrs. Tickets are $40 in advance and $75 at the door of which a portion is eligible for a Charitable Donation Receipt. This event is not restricted to the Squadron and is open to the public at large.
As in the past, the intention is to have 5 – 7 wineries present for patrons to sample their products to order their Christmas wines. We will also have a few other vendors, a live band and DJ present for the evening.
Details are still being worked on with more info to follow, however ticket sales are now open for the event with just 300 tickets available. Tickets are sold in advance only as Charity Receipts are issued and we need to inform the wineries the number of patrons.
12-14 Oct – Fall Field Training Exercise @ MRCC
20 Oct – Gliding Famil Flying (2 sessions)
21 Oct – PSRY Training Level 4 cadets
25 Oct – Sr Cadet Meeting
27-28 Oct – Legion Poppy Campaign
02 Nov – Co’s Parade and Swearing In Ceremony
10-11 Nov – 24 hr Vigil – Grimsby Cenotaph
17 Nov – Taste N Buy Fundraiser
18 Nov – CWH Tour Level 1 and 2 (Tentative)
23 Nov – Party Shirt Team Night – Civilian Clothing
24 Nov – Smithville Christmas Parade
25 Nov – Sr Cadet Trip to Niagara Falls
27 Nov – Sqn Trampoline Park Trip
25 Nov – Level one and new recruit PSRY Training
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 905-945-2893.
Captain/Capitaine David Thomas Leonard, CD