Major Leonard’s Motivational Sayings to Live By
- Focus on what you can control
- Live your life like most people do; you are going to settle for what most people get. If you want more, you have to do more.
- “Trying” isn’t enough. It’s an excuse. Either you’re doing something or you’re not.
- You never fail at a challenge until you quit, make excuses or die.
- Don’t wait for an opportunity. Create an opportunity or don’t wait to do something, do something and wait.
- Focus on getting 1% better each day. Those small improvements will add up.
- Failure is part of the process. Accept it. Learn from it. Move on to the next challenge or try again.
- Don’t make excuses or point fingers that bring others down for the teams failures; accept it; use it as a source of motivation to drive you to become an even better person; because what you do next will define you as a person.
- If you’re waiting for circumstances to be different or perfect – you’re in for a long wait. Stop waiting and start doing.
As a leader, you want to create the best possible environment for those under you to succeed. Put the effort and work forward to ensure that you help them make this a reality. Don’t be afraid to make the tough decisions, there is no right answer. If your decision is wrong, or things do not go as planned, change the plan and move forward.